Happy 9 month b-day sweet Kelvin!
Between last months post and this one, Kelvin has mastered the crawl (legitimately crawl rather than the scoot he had going on) has started to wave (mainly just at Greg)… say ma-ma and da-dad… along with some ba-ba’s – among other combinations of squeals, yells and other interesting sound effects! I think he has definitely found his voice! He loves to tell us things even if we can’t understand him… and sometimes with such passion that it makes us laugh! He is a very happy and smiley little guy and we just love him to pieces! And he now has 4 teeth with more due any day!
Here are his past monkey pics for those of you just tuning in!
we were both laughing so hard during this session that we may have to retake some… but I still love them!
Just for fun (because I could not wait until 12 months), here is a side by side comparing month 0 and month 9!
Not the best of pics because they are set up different, but you get the idea! 🙂
I can’t believe we are at this point already…
We will see you next month! 🙂
This was our sweet sweet boy’s very first Christmas!
Of course I was prego when we came “home” to be with my family last year, but obviously not the same. I felt the most excited about Christmas ever it felt like…I am over-joyed and thankful for our precious little one and was so happy for him to experience Christmas for the very first time. I know, he is only 8 months old and he won’t remember and won’t care… but hey, no matter! We had a blast!
He LOVED his stocking…
was not so much on opening gifts yet, but loved the wrapping paper, boxes and just playing with whatever was inside…
even the practical pack of bibs…
notice the red sweater body suit… guys hated it, girls loved it! 🙂
and the bows… he loved the bows…
ohhh the bows…
did I mention he LOVED the bows?
and the lights…
oh mom, love these lights…
Anyways, we had a super fun Christmas and entire holiday season as a matter of fact!
our little family of 3
Our super year of 2012 in a nut-shell, or a large lake… whichever is more fitting!
- We had a beautiful, healthy, bouncy, perfect baby boy in April… 11 lbs, 3 oz and 22.5″ long! We are so in love with this little being! Here he is then during his first week of life… and here he is now – 8 months later!
- I had my little man in time for my first mother’s day!
- Kelvin’s first trip to the beach at 2 weeks old…
- We moved… all the way across the entire country with a dog (pictured below) and a 7-9 week old depending on where we were on our journey.
- We stopped in beautiful Colorado during our cross-country-move for some much-needed off the road rest and fun! Kelvin’s first hike…
- Greg’s first father’s day…
- Kelvin got to meet the horses of Lost Trail Ranch even if it was so sunny he could not see much…
- We got to Bend in time to enjoy the beautiful sunny summer!
- We moved into a baby sized house that has a huge kitchen island of which I love…
- We walked, and walked some more while the weather was so nice! Stopped for a photo in the wildflowers…
- Kelvin loooooves going for stroller rides…
- Chaco made a best friend Nikko…
- We had a Bend 4th of July…
- I baked cream-cheese pumpkin bread once…
- We went to the pumpkin patch!
- We tried really hard to get a good daddy/son foot shot but it ended in rolling on the floor laughing and no great pictures, but we had lots of fun trying…
- Greg went on a 110 mile bike ride with my dad and a couple other guys! His new hobby…
- The snow came but we still tried to have a Christmas Eve family walk… even if it meant freezing our tooshies off and making it hardly anywhere at all…
- Kelvin had his first Christmas at 8 months old…
I tried to keep it short so I left out a lot – oh well! We had a terrific year, full of fun, challenges, less than ideal sleep but overflowing with laughter, joy and thankfulness! I would not change anything about our year! We hope you had a wonderful year and are anticipating an even better 2013! It is my hope… dare I say a resolution to post and share more! Well see you all another post!
Happy 6 month birthday Kelvin!
This big guy is 22 lbs 7 oz and 29 3/4″ long!
We took pictures of him in the park with the beautiful color change and fall leaves!
He is such a joy and is at such a fun age! He laughs a lot, sleeps like a champ… yet can’t run away from me yet! lol
Here are his past monkey pictures incase you are just tuning in!
Current monkey pics! Happy to get to play with his stuffed friend again! We limit play time so it will last as long as we need it to! 🙂
see you next month!
YAY for Kelvin turning 5 months… already! He is starting to really grow up fast… I know he is only 5 months and he has years and years of growing up to do… I am just saying time has sped up! The first few months went much slower… must have been the lack of sleep! 🙂
Here are his past month pictures again! 🙂
I could not choose which one to post… maybe I should be taking less pictures so I have less to choose from! But I love the posed ones as well as the candid ones of which we have way more of!
we’ll see you for the big 6 month mark next month! 🙂
Since becoming a mommy…
I have learned… (and I realize these are not novel and there is still more to be learned)
Well, here we are at 3 months! We are now living in Oregon! His last pics were taken in Colorado, so we have quite the traveler here… but maybe we can stay put a while!
His past pictures are in the links below. One day I will put all the pics side by side… one day! 🙂
Really wanting to eat his monkey…
hoping to get him to stretch those legs out a little… at least he is somewhat stretched! 🙂
a more posed picture… in his little tie!
see you next month! 🙂
Kelvin is already 2 months old! I can’t believe it! 🙂 I am trying to post all of this monkey pictures to show his progression… here are his past two month posts before I post his 2 month picture!
He is changing fast!
Day to day I don’t notice quite as much, but when I can compare the pictures to each other, it really shows! Bless his bones! 🙂
He turned 2 months in Colorado at the family cabin, as we trekked across the entire country (our big move)! What a trooper he was!